Lesson Two continued
The book of revelation is full of symbols, metaphors, images, and illustrations that light the fire of worship in our hearts. Numbers are important because they have meaning beyond their numeric value. For example, when Yeshua told his disciples[i]to forgive seventy times seven, he didn’t mean that after you have forgiven someone 490 times, it was okay to not forgive the 500th time. That would be denying Mashiach’s complete atonement.[ii]When we forgive, it is like saying, “since Mashiach died for that sin, there is no more debt to pay. There is nothing you can do to pay for your sin against me, but Mashiach’s payment is total – sufficient beyond measure.”[iii]
Listed below are numbers with their significance that pertain to the book of Revelation:
- The number 7 is the number of completion, and perfection – God’s number.
- The number 3 is the signature of God.
- The number 4 is the number of terrestrial or physical extension.
- The number 12 (3×4) is the signature of God’s people.
- The number 6 is the number of man.
- The number 10 is the signature of worldly power.
- The number 103 is the signature of worldly power increased by the power of the signature of god (10x10x10=1000).
- The number 144 is the signature of god’s people (12) multiplied by itself to confirm the covenant. In other words, it is the number of the tribes of Israel multiplies by the number of disciples (God’s people).
Another thing to remember is that the number 6, man’s number, falls short of 7 – God’s number of perfection.[iv] However, in Mashiach Yeshua, your number changes because you are wearing his righteousness.[v]
To be continued
[i] Matthew 18:21, 22
[ii] Hebrews 2:9
[iii] Hebrews 9:12
[iv] Romans 6:23
[v] Romans 8:1